1/2 tsp. lemon oil
1 ½ c. whole milk
1/3 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. limoncello
5 egg yolks
1 envelope (about 1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
2 c. well chilled heavy cream plus ¼ c. confection sugar
Candied lemon zest for garnish
1. In a small saucepan stir together the milk and sugar until sugar dissolves
2. Bloom gelatin in lemon oil, lemoncello and ½ Tbsp water.
3. Temper eggs into milk and stir constantly until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon 3 – 5 minutes. 170 degrees. Strain the custard through a strainer.
4. Add gelatin mixture until dissolve.
5. Set pain in ice water to chill stirring occasionally.
6. Whip cream and confection sugar until it holds soft peaks.
7. Fold in the lemon mixture until combined.
8. Place in pastry bag and pipe into champagne glasses or use as a filling for a cake or pie
9. Chill for 4 hours, or until it is set.
1. Put into champagne glass and garnish with lemon peel
2. Put into mini pate sucre.