Harrison House Suites & Tucker House Inn
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 ¾ cups Semisweet chocolate chips or chunked chocolate (divided)
4 Large eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 teaspoons Espresso coffee, finely ground
10 Tablespoons Unsalted European style butter
1 ½ cups Brown sugar
½ cup Sugar
2 cups All purpose flour
½ cup Cocoa powder
2 teaspoons Baking powder
½ teaspoon Sea salt
1 cup White chocolate chips
- 1. Melt 2 ¾ cups of chocolate chips either in double boiler or in microwave until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. Beat eggs and vanilla in a small bowl, then add espresso. Let stand until coffee is dissolved.
- 3. Beat butter and sugars in a separate bowl until combined.
- 4. Add egg and chocolate mixtures to butter and sugar; stir until combined.
- 5. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 6. Add dry ingredients, remaining cup of semisweet chocolate and white chocolate chips to the butter mixture.
- 7. Cover and let dough sit for 30 minutes until it reaches a fudge-like consistency
- 8. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spoon dough onto cookie sheets lined with silicon baking mats or parchment paper.
- 9. Bake for 10 minutes until edges are set – centers will be soft. Cool on pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool, or better yet, serve immediately.
- 10. Enjoy, and think of us in Friday Harbor!