|American Camp Trails
Visitor Center/Ranger Station: Open All Year
September 2 – June 6
Thursday – Sunday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
June 9 – September 1
Daily, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|(360) 378-2902||American Camp offers a variety of trail experiences. A 1.25 mile self-guided history foot trail, begins in the American Camp parking lot.
- Jakle’s Lagoon Trail is 1.5 miles long. Great bird watching.
- Mt. Finlayson Trail is a 3 mile loop taking you to the top of Mt. Finlayson. Beautiful views of Mt. Baker, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains, and British Columbia. Enjoy a few side trails to the Lagoons.
- The South Beach walk is 2 miles long. Great tide pooling during low tide.
|English Camp Trails
June 9 to September 2
Daily, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
|A part of San Juan Island National Historical Park.
- Bell Point Trail is a 2 mile loop with views of both Garrison and Westcott Bays.
- Young Hill Trail is 1.25 miles of steep trail, taking you to the top of Young Hill for a panoramic view of the island’s northeast corner. You will pass the English Camp cemetery which holds the remains of six Royal Marines.
|Friday Harbor Historic Walking Tours||Two self-guided walking tours. Guide brochures available at Friday Harbor Town Hall, 60 Second Street; San Juan Historical Museum, 405 Price Street; SJ Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center, 135 Spring Street.|
|San Juan Island Audubon Society
|Monthly field trips with Audubon society members.|
|San Juan Island National Historic Park Self Guided Walks
P.O. Box 429
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
|Maps & descriptions of self-guided walks on San Juan Island.|
|San Juan Island Trails Committee||List of hiking and biking trails on San Juan Island.|
|San Juan Transit Hiking Information||San Juan Island hikes rated from easy to moderate/strenuous.|