The waters around the San Juan Islands are the premier kayaking destination in the Pacific Northwest, offering abundant marine life, protected waterways, and beautiful scenery. We offer sea kayaks for use by guests who are experienced kayakers. The waters are challenging enough to feel a sense of accomplishment, yet plentiful enough to keep you exploring the vast array of wildlife that inhabit these waters. We can guide you to a number of kayak-friendly access points including, San Juan County Park, Turn Point Park, Jackson Beach, or Roche Harbor.
For those without kayaking experience, several tour operators offer tours for beginners as well as experienced paddlers including Outdoor Odysseys, Crystal Seas Kayaking, San Juan Outfitters, Discovery Sea Kayaks, and San Juan Kayak Expeditions.
If sea kayaking is not your bag, you can still get out on the water with the safe, easy-to-use Hobie pedal kayaks at Friday Harbor Marine and explore the protected waters around Friday Harbor.
- Concierge services to help you plan your adventure trip
- Complimentary use of bikes and kayaks during your stay
- Convenient location to downtown Friday Harbor and pick-up locations for local outfitters
- Complimentary storage of luggage or vehicle (for multiday trips)
- Complete three course breakfast to fuel you
- Comfortable pillow-top beds, jacuzzi tubs, hot tubs, fresh baked cookies and other amenities to welcome your return
- Complimentary guest laundry