Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
1 # of Day Old Bread sliced
2 Pints Strawberries sliced
8 oz. cream cheese or marscapone cheese
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 ½ tsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. cream
Splash triple sec
- Layer Bread in bottom of a 8 x 10 casserole dish. (You can choose to make 4 individual portions in 8 ounce ramekins.)
- Spread cream cheese and strawberries over bread and layer with remaining bread.
- Whisk egg mixture together (eggs, cream, triple sec, cinnamon) and pour over bread and let the bread absorb.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with crisp topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees until egg mixture is set and cream cheese is soft.
- Garnish with caramel sauce, strawberries, powdered sugar and breakfast meat.