San Juan Community Theatre Holiday Festival – December 7
In honor of that anniversary, we’ve kept plenty of Holiday Festival favorites, brought back old friends (including SJCT’s beloved M.O.—see below) and added new entertainment to the lineup.
• Roche Harbor Resort’s Bill Shaw and staff return with their ever-popular live cooking supper stations, fine wine and gourmet appetizers.
• The silent and live auctions will be there, of course, including fine art, the return of CATS’ “Magic Bus” plus more and more exciting experiences up for grabs (how about an aerobatic plane ride or a stay in an Italian villa?).
• And back this year after a few years hiatus, is auctioneer Trish Lehman. The long-time islander is an auctioneer favorite who trained with the iconic Burl Osbourne back in the day.
• PLUS! Former SJCT executive director Merritt Olsen has agreed to venture back to the island and join Trish on stage to help us celebrate this milestone for the theater he helped grow for more than a decade.
• Island and Theatre friends Penelope Haskew, Amanda Smith, Jill Urbach and Scott Mapstead will charm us with song, and we’ll have a few short “look backs” at the Theatre’s 25 years as an island treasure. And no Festival of late can be complete without the chance to dance on the stage floor at the end of the evening to the sounds of the San Juan Island Jazz Quintet with Jill Urbach.
“This Festival has always been not only about helping the Theatre’s future, but it’s been about entertainment, community and celebration of this incredible island that truly values the arts,” said Artistic Director Susan Williams.
For additional information contact the San Juan Community Theatre Box Office, 360 378-3210 or online.
Date & Time: Saturday, December 7, 5:00 pm
Location: San Juan Community Theatre, 100 2nd Street