Lavender Festival – July 18 & 19
The 12th annual Lavender Festival happens at the beautiful Pelindaba fields.Tours and exhibits survey the entire process – from field to finished product. The fields are open for strolling, relaxing and breathtaking photo ops. The Cutting Field is open for visitors to harvest their own bouquets of certified organic lavender from the many varieties in bloom. The Craft Tent is open all day long in the fields for adults and children to make beautiful wands, wreaths, crowns and more. Be sure to enter the coloring contest! The Lavender Lemonade and Lavender Iced Tea and Coffee are always big hits – not to mention their Lavender Cookies! Island-style picnic lunches will be available all day long in the fields.
Be sure to top off your picnic with our ever popular Lavender Ice Cream!
There is plenty to do at the festival:
- Stroll through our organically certified fields.
- Browse the over 240 lavender products handcrafted on the farm at the lovely Gatehouse Farm Store.
- Explore the Demonstration Garden where they cultivate over 50 different varieties of lavender.
- Educate yourself at the Visitor Center which features multi-media exhibits covering the history of the farm, lavender cultivation, processing of essential oil, and the many roles that lavender has played in cultures throughout the world. Audio Tours of the farm are also available.
- Experience the Craft Workshop where you can make your own beautiful lavender crafts.
- Harvest your own organic lavender bouquets in the Cutting Field.
- Select some lavender plants to take home for your own garden from the Nursery.
- Listen to music wafting through the fields
- Watch chef demos showing you how to incorporate lavender into uniquely tasty dishes. Anna Maria de Freitas, owner of Coho Restaurant will make an appearance again this year; her demonstrations are always over-the-top, with lots of tasty samples. Join her at 12:30 and 2 p.m. each day.
Be sure to bring your sunscreen and camera! Please note, pets and smoking are only allowed in the grounds outside of our organically certified fields.
Admission: Free; parking is also free
Date & Time: July 18 & 19, 10am – 5pm
Location: Pelindaba Lavender Farm,