Fresh Herbed Shrimp Salad
14. Fresh Herbed Shrimp Salad
(on a bed of herbed Israel couscous finished off with Tzatziki)
1# shrimp, peeled, deveined and cleaned
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. tarragon, chopped
1 Tbsp. mint, chopped
1 tsp. thyme, chopped
4 Tbsp. pine nuts, roasted
4 Tbsp. kalamata olives
12 cherry tomatoes, roasted and cut in half
Tzatziki (see recipe below)
Couscous (see recipe below)
1. Marinate shrimp in 3 Tbsp. olive oil, parsley and tarragon.
2. Grill Shrimp.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 c. Greek yogurt, strained
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 tsp. fresh dill, chopped (reserve one spring for garnish)
Splash, lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1. Combine ingredients.
2. Can be made in advance and refrigerated overnight.
1 c. Israel or pearl couscous
1 c. chicken broth
salt and pepper
1. Cook couscous like rice – 1:1 liquid and couscous.
2. Cool on a ½ pan and place in refrigerator.
Roasted Garlic Dressing
2 cloves garlic, roasted
¼ c. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Salt and pepper
1. Purée roasted garlic.
2. Add remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1. Toss couscous with roasted garlic dressing and thyme, mint and parsley.
2. Add roasted cherry tomatoes and olives.
3. Sprinkle roasted pine nuts on top.
4. Place shrimp on top couscous.
5. Garnish shrimp with Tzatziki, roasted tomato and fresh dill.