Cream Cheese Encrusted French Toast Recipe
8 oz cream cheese or ricotta cheese
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp. orange zest
1 cup, toasted chopped pecans
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Triple Sec
2 Tbsp butter, optional
fresh berries or caramelized apples
- Whip filling ingredients.
- Slit bread for stuffing.
- Scoop 2 ounces of cream cheese in center of bread. Spread.
- Beat egg mixture until combined.
- Soak sandwich in egg mixture
- Dip and coat in pecans. Press pecans into bread.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place bread on prepared heated griddle coated with cooking spray or butter. Fry until golden brown. Flip. Bake in 350 degree oven if cream cheese needs additional time to soften.
- Slice on diagonal and serve with maple syrup, confection sugar and fresh berries or caramelized apples.