Cream Cheese Encrusted French Toast Recipe
Cream Cheese Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp. orange zest
Toasted Chopped Pecans
Berries or Caramelized Apples
- Whip cream cheese filling ingredients.
- Slice bread with slit so you can stuff cream cheese.
- Scoop 2 ounces of cream cheese in center of bread. Spread.
- Beat egg mixture until combined.
- Soak sandwich in egg mixture
- Dip and coat in pecans. Press pecans into bread.
- Place bread on hot griddle and fry until golden brown. Flip. Bake in 350 degree oven if cream cheese needs additional time to soften.
- Slice on diagonal and serve with maple syrup, confection sugar and fresh berries or caramelized apples.