Caramelized French Toast with Cinnamon & Berries
1 # cubed stale bread
1 ½ cups heavy cream
½ c. half and half
½ vanilla bean
¼ c. sugar
5 egg yolks
¼ cup maple syrup
- Crème brulee custard. Steep cinnamon with cream and sugar and then strain.
- Place bread in a 4 oz ramekin and intersperse berries and then pour custard over top. Press bread down.
- Cover with film and soak for a few hours or over night.
- Bake at 325 degrees in water bath uncovered for 25-20 minutes or until custard is set. Let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with white sugar and caramelize with torch and garnish with berries.