Visitors to the San Juan Islands this coming holiday weekend may have a little relief from the ferry traffic congestion in Anacortes this year.
The WA State Ferries’ Anacortes and Islands Terminals have permission to add ferry service, at their discretion based on need, during the following dates and times over the July 4th holiday:
* Wednesday, June 29, extra trip if needed, 8:45 pm
* Thursday, June 30, extra trip if needed, 8:45 pm
* Thursday, June 30, extra trip if needed, 9:45 pm
* Friday, July 1, extra trip if needed, 8:45 pm
* Monday, July 4, pick up traffic at Orcas & Lopez if needed, 10:30 pm
* Tuesday, July 5, extra trip if needed, 8:45 pm
* Tuesday, July 5, pick up traffic at Orcas & Lopez if needed, 10:30 pm
We welcome any extra service on this busy holiday weekend, but travelers with vehicles should still arrive at the ferry terminal a very minimum of two hours prior to their departure time.
If you find you may miss the ferry due to overloaded conditions, ask the terminal attendants where to park your car and WALK ON. Our inn is only a block and a half from the ferry landing, and you can always rent a car, a moped, a taxi, or take the San Juan Transit bus to get around to the major sites. Don’t let extended delays at the ferry terminal rob you of precious island time!